R Code Examples for Introduction to Data Mining
This repository contains documented examples in R to accompany several chapters of the popular data mining text book:
Pang-Ning Tan, Michael Steinbach and Vipin Kumar, Introduction to Data Mining, Addison Wesley, 2006 or 2017 edition.
The examples are used in my data mining course at SMU and will be regularly updated and improved. All code is shared under the creative commons attribution license and you can share and adapt them freely. Please contact me for corrections or improvements.
- Chapter 2: Data
- Chapter 3: Exploring Data
- Chapter 4: Classification: Basic Concepts, Decision Trees, and Model Evaluation
- Chapter 5: Classification: Alternative Techniques (more on decision boundaries)
- Chapter 6: Association Analysis (interactive visualization)
- Chapter 8: Cluster Analysis: Basic Concepts and Algorithms
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
For questions please contact Michael Hahsler.